Balmoral, a division of Balmoral Group, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
We are recruiting for a Buyer who will work with the Materials Buyer in the execution of sourcing strategy.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB'S FUNCTION
- Supporting the Materials Buyer, the Buyer procures any Factory or office demands as well as assisting with Bulk and Non-Bulk stock as per requirements set out by the Materials Buyer in a sound, ethical manner and expedite all orders and manage on time delivery.
- Will work to a budget as set in Balmoral One and ensure we procure better than budget but not to the detriment of quality.
- Purchases items consistent with price, desired quality, and requirement date.
- Expedites orders to meet on time delivery from suppliers.
- Phones suppliers regularly to establish rapport and build relationships.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
- Selects suitable sources, requests bids as necessary, evaluates quotation and makes final supplier selection in accordance with the Materials Buyer.
- Adjust purchase orders to demand changes such as delivery dates and price changes.
- Negotiates pricing, lead times and terms, conditions and recommends best commercial options ensuring budgets are met.
- Capture and report to Materials Buyer any anomalies with any purchase order, budget vs actual costs, lead-times, expediting etc.
- Performs order expediting activities as required.
- Liaises with Planning and Materials Buyer highlighting any issues with achieving requested deliveries.
- Establish and build good working relationships with suppliers.
- Adhere to the Approved Vender supplier procedure with regards to setting up suppliers on our approved vender listing (AVL)
- Collate and prepare pre-tender documents to be issued to suppliers for specific tenders.
- If required, help and assist the Material Buyer with Scorecards for allocated suppliers.
- To be trained on a variety of supply chain group activities to able to provide absence cover.
- Experience within working in a purchasing department on all tendering and purchasing processes
- Proficient at dealing with setting up suppliers on an Approved Vender Listing
- A good technical knowledge and experience of buying materials and services.