Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
Civil engineering, wastewater treatment, drainage, fuel oil containment, rainwater harvesting, bulk liquid, fire fighting and potable water storage sectors are all key sectors for the company.
We are looking for a CAD Technician to join our team
Design liaison with clients and internal stakeholders to achieve project-specific design approvals, including attendance to design review meetings both internally and with clients as required.
- Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings, ensuring drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols e.g. Tank General Arrangements; tank sheet projection/CNC drawings., access steelwork, and roof structure drawings for each assigned project using AutoCAD (2D & 3D).
- Maintain control of the drawings through Vault for each assigned project, liaising with Sales and Contracts departments as required.
- Calculate costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to check feasibility of manufacture and construction of the product
- Production of Manufacturing lists for each assigned project.
- Liaise with contracts managers and site personnel to advise on construction/tank installation technicalities.
- Liaise with production planning and manufacturing personnel to advise on fabrication details.
- Operate a safe working environment in line with company policies & procedures.
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by designers and make modifications to existing drawings.
GCSE (Maths, English, Science, Technology) or a relevant CAD related BTEC/City & Guilds certificate (preferably Autodesk, AutoCAD).
Autodesk Inventor (iLogic experience would be advantageous)
Vault Pro is desirable
Skills and Abilities
Strong organisational and decision-making skills is essential.
Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
Excellent inter-personal skills.
First class planning & organisational skills.
Good presentation, written and oral communication skills.
Must be an innovative thinker and commercially aware
Must be willing to develop interpersonal and communication skills
Must be computer literate particularly in Microsoft Excel and Word and Engineering software packages for which further training will be provided.
Mature and customer focused attitude (able to handle difficult discussions and customer complaints) is essential.
A belief in the fact that customers are revenue & everything else is overhead is essential.
Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values is essential.
Excited by change and driven to be part of a successful team is desirable
Willing to challenge colleagues whose behaviour is contradictory to all aspects of RATER, and ultimately the core values of the business.
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.