Balmoral, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
Working in a small team of skilled and semi-skilled operators you will adhere to all appropriate quality and safety procedures, you will be responsible for the machining of products made from composite materials. (candidates who have worked with metals, their skills are easily transferable)
- Set up and run 4/5 axis milling machine.
- Machining of Balmoral Buoyancy products to conform to drawing tolerances
- Ability to work a 3 shift system covering 5 days.
- The aptitude to work more than one machine at a time. (due to long running cycles)
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
Skills and experience
- Ideally you will be a time served machinist with a strong engineering background.
- Proven ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Experience in operating of Fanuc, Siemens and Heidenhain controls would be advantageous.
- You will have good problem solving skills and be a dynamic person.