Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
We are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager based in Thurnscoe to manage various Pipework projects from start to finish in the UK and potentially overseas.
As a Contracts Manager, you could be responsible for single large contracts or multiple smaller contracts. You will also be the main point of contact for clients, site managers and sub-contractors throughout the project. The successful candidate will ensure that all work is completed on time and within its budget and be responsible for the management and supervision of an installation team and delegate tasks accordingly.
Main duties and responsibilities of the jobholder
- Operate a safe working environment in line with company policies & procedures
- Maintaining records of personal development and training
- Project delivery, to programme and budget. Including providing regular budget updates in meetings
- Driving improvements where possible in any part of the delivery process
- Liaise with merchants and Buying team to drive down spend to achieve maximum discount on all costed items
- Liaise with clients, Transport Manager on all issues relating to project delivery while promoting the Balmoral values
- Display HSE on site at all times to the required Balmoral standard, as well as managing client expectations including the writing of Specific RAMS and approving subcontractors in line with “AIRS”
- Ensure all projects are delivered without any QHSE incidents
- Liaise with Install Manager/ Supervisors to ensure sufficient resources are allocated for all projects
- Highlight any training needs for your team
- Ensure all Company Policies and Procedures are followed at all times
- All orders need to be completed correctly and within sufficient times to the specification required
- Maintain daily records of progress
- Help to resolve any disputes which come up and identifying areas for improvement in the company’s contracting processes
- Coordination of all facets of site delivery
The successful candidate will not only be joining a rapidly growing and exciting company but they will benefit from ongoing training and development, Annual Leave entitlement which increases with length of service, Access to discounts & benefits scheme, secure free car parking, company EAP Scheme and profit based bonus scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business, to develop a career and skills.
The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
• R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
• A Authority (Knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
• T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
• E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
• R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)