Balmoral, a division of Balmoral Group, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
Join us and work as part of a busy, fun team - where challenge, variety and personal development is all part of the package.
We are looking for a Design Draughtsperson who will thrive on our dynamic environment - To produce 3D models, assembly and detail drawings of the Balmoral Comtec Product range. Develop Smart models and techniques including Parametrics, I-Logic and other advanced modelling techniques. Provide support for the production interfaces and support the engineering team.
- To produce general arrangement, production and detailed drawings and parts lists of Balmoral and client products from in house and client provided information.
- To assist in the development of engineering design.
- To produce information in the form of drawings and specifications which allows the contracts, projects and production departments to perform their functions efficiently.
- To assist with the development of custom design software and techniques.
- To contribute to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- To contribute to the maintenance of engineering data using data management software.
- To produce information to safely meet client and in house deadlines and to advise early of any anticipated delays.
- To ensure all relevant company procedures and policies are adhered to in the performance of the above duties.
Qualifications & experience:
- HNC or HND in a recognised mechanical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of 3D Modelling software including but not limiting too
- Produce Detail Design Drawings
- Parametric Modelling
- Knowledge of Autodesk Software (Inventor, AutoCAD)
- Ability to assist in Project Management
- GD&T knowledge and experience of application
- Familiar with Draughting standards such as BS8888
- Knowledge of Offshore environment
- 3 years’ draughting experience.
- 5 years’+ draughting experience.
- Knowledge of plastics, rubber and composite materials
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Competence in MS Office Software