Balmoral Comtec, a division of Balmoral Group, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
We are looking for a Design Draughtsperson who will thrive on our dynamic environment - To produce 3D models, assembly and detail drawings of the Balmoral Comtec Product range. Develop Smart models and techniques including Parametrics, I-Logic and other advanced modelling techniques. Provide support for the production interfaces and support the engineering team.
- To produce general arrangement, production and detailed drawings and parts lists of Balmoral and client products from in house and client provided information.
- To assist in the development of engineering design.
- To produce information in the form of drawings and specifications which allows the contracts, projects and production departments to perform their functions efficiently.
- To assist with the development of custom design software and techniques.
- To contribute to the continuing effort to reduce costs.
- To contribute to the maintenance of engineering data using data management software.
- To produce information to safely meet client and in house deadlines and to advise early of any anticipated delays.
- To ensure all relevant company procedures and policies are adhered to in the performance of the above duties.
- Qualifications & experience: 1-2 years’ draughting experience.
- HNC or HND in a recognised mechanical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of 3D Modelling software including but not limiting too
- Produce Detail Design Drawings
- Parametric Modelling
- Knowledge of Autodesk Software (Inventor, AutoCAD)
- Ability to assist in Project Management
- GD&T knowledge and experience of application
- Familiar with Draughting standards such as BS8888
- Knowledge of Offshore environment
- Knowledge of plastics, rubber and composite materials
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Competence in MS Office Software