Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
Civil engineering, wastewater treatment, drainage, fuel oil containment, rainwater harvesting, bulk liquid, fire fighting and potable water storage sectors are all key sectors for the company.
We are looking for a Joiner to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient production of storage crates through the safe operation of relevant machinery and hand tools. They will be a time served joiner/ patternmaker who is fully conversant in working from detailed drawings and trained in the use of all woodworking machinery. Other general joinery work may be required from time to time across the site.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of jogs
- Manufacture of jigs/ templates
- Assembly of products
- General joinery work around the office block
- Construction and alternations of offices if necessary
- External maintenance of buildings including roof repairs, guttering etc
- The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
- Time served Joiner/ Patternmaker/ Bench Joiner
- Proven skilled and experienced tradesman with the ability to read technical drawings
- Previous experience of working in a factory environment
- All woodworking machinery including Panel Saw, Bandsaws etc
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values.
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.