Balmoral , a division of Balmoral Group, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
We are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor who is responsible for the routine and ad-hoc maintenance of production plant and equipment, plus the day-to-day supervision of the maintenance workshop and personnel. This is a key post providing vital support to production, it has a direct impact on the Business Unit’s financial performance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
- To provide mechanical maintenance support to production.
- To ensure all departmental performance and quality requirements are met.
- To control, co-ordinate and administer all mechanical maintenance activities.
- To control and allocate mechanical maintenance resources as required.
- To monitor suppliers of goods and services ensuring quality of service.
- To provide supervision and direction for all maintenance personnel.
- To prioritise maintenance engineering activities.
- To proactively drive continuous improvement initiatives within the maintenance department and actively support those being implemented in other areas.
- Be contactable by Company provided Mobile Phone during Out of Normal Working Hours.
- Ensure Permits to Work are raised and coordinated for all Maintenance Tasks when required.
- To ensure the Pre Planned Maintenance for all critical plant and equipment are issued and completed within the appropriate time scale.
- Administrate the Man-hours Scheduling System on a Daily Basis.
In the Absence of the Plant Manager the additional task below are also to be conducted:
- Complete the Daily Plant Serviceability Sheet and E-mail to Senior Production and Senior Production Support Managers each working day.
- Report to the Senior Production Support Manager at the start of each working day with an update on the daily work load.
OTHERS WITH WHOM THERE IS REGULAR WORKING CONTACT:
- Electrical maintenance personnel
- Production Managers, supervisors and operators
- HSQE Personnel
- Suppliers and manufacturers
- Minimum ONC/HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- HND/Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Time served mechanical engineer
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Proven track record in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Strong health and safety background
- 5 years in a mechanical maintenance supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Played a lead role in implementing a CMMS.
- Overseen the training of mechanical engineering apprentices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of leading and motivating a team.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Proficient in the use of MS Office packages.
- Flexible approach to working time.
- NEBOSH general certificate
- National Examination Board of Supervisory Management Certificate