Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
We are looking for a Paint Line and Shot Blast operative to join our team in Thurnscoe.
The Paint Line and Shot Blast operative will be using the paint shop machinery, ensure each panel is painted to specification to the customers requirements referring to designs. Loading unloading of sheets and carrying out quality checks to ensure they meet specification.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
- Working in a busy paint shop, making sure each panel is painted to the right specification using information from the design team.
- Running a automated Shot Blast machine
- Check for defects using cross hatch testing and 1000 volts.
- Ensure all sheets are checked to ensure the paint thickness is to specification.
- Visually check the panel before it is packed and sent to customer.
- Wear all correct PPE at all times in and around the factory.
- Carry out works in and around the factory as and when required by the department team-leader/Manufacturing Manager.
- This is not an exhausted list of responsibilities and duties. The job role may vary depending on the work load.
- Must be able to run a powder coating plant from start to finish, including pre checks.
- Be able to work unsupervised from time to time.
The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)