Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
The Company is looking for a Part Time Receptionist to join a busy team. The post holder will cover the reception on the following days and will be the initial point of contact for all visitors and enquiries to the business.
- 12:30pm – 5.30pm Wednesday
- 8.30am – 5.30pm Thursday
- 8.30am – 2.30pm Friday
- To answer the internal telephone and switchboard calls in a prompt and efficient manner, transferring calls to appropriate personnel.
- Where appropriate, to take messages and pass these onto personnel at the earliest opportunity.
- To distribute all incoming mail and faxes/telexes advising immediately of any urgent items.
- To take photocopies of documents as requested.
- Responsible for the ordering of stationary and maintenance of stationary cupboard.
- To provide an overspill basic secretarial service when requested.
- To make teas/coffees, etc for meetings
- To ensure the reception area is tidy at all times and company literature is available at the display unit.
- To assist when required with the internal mail run.
- HAV’s logging
- Source information and update the company’s visualisation document.
- Update all fire and health and safety documents as and when required.
- Keep training files up to date.
- Customer Questionnaires
- Stock of company brochures
- The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by ensuring the Contracts Team understand and work to achieve the objectives of RATER:
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
- Good standard of general education
- Previous experience of reception desirable although not essential as full training will be given.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent inter-personal skills
First class planning and organisational skills
Good presentation, written and oral communication skills
Mature and customer focused (able to handle difficult discussions and customer complaints)
A belief in the fact that customers are revenue and everything else is an overhead.
Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values which are- Customer focus, Respect, Change management, Motivation, Accountability and Integrity.
Excited by change and driven to be part of a successful team
Belief in all aspects of RATER and the positive impact on a business
Willing to challenge colleagues whose behaviour is contradictory to all aspects of RATER, and ultimately the core values of the business.
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.