Balmoral Comtec Ltd, a division of Balmoral Group, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to join our team on a 9 month fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will produce, analyse and control all aspects of revenue and costs associated with Project Accounting. A big part of the role is to review project performance versus budget and to monitor the performance of a project throughout the life cycle of the job. Any anomalies throughout the project’s life need to be reported and accounted for in a dynamic state.
As well as reporting the live margins, you will need to think about how our proposed future costs will affect our live quotations. You will need to advise the management team on how we should proceed and what the risk/opportunity is on future quotations.
The successful candidate needs to act as a business partner and forge relationships with all stakeholder, meeting with stakeholders regularly and be able to communicate effectively and efficiently.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBHOLDER
- Preparation of cost of sales entries for monthly management accounts
- Accountable for ensuring projects are financially completed on time
- Produce variance commentary on margin performance and advise on how budgets should be adjusted
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and revision there after
- Preparation of ad hoc financial and management information as requested by all stakeholders
- Preparation of report on performance against key performance indicators for margins, costs and supply chain measures on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Meet with budget holders to discuss their results and advise on how they can influence their numbers
- Chairing monthly margin/cost control meeting with key personnel, highlighting our performance on live jobs and our performance on closed jobs.
- To get involved in any ad-hoc projects and to provide training on all areas to other Balmoral entities
- Produce monthly exchange rate analysis, detailing our exposure going forward
- Assist our Accountant with producing a rolling 12 month forecast for Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Develop our current cost control processes, enhance them and thereafter train a trainee to manage the process
- Undertake ad-hoc finance tasks during the month end or year end process
- Minimum of two years’ experience within a project/cost accountant role.
- To be analytical and have an extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Willing to take on a varied role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Must be reliable with a conscientious and professional attitude.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Highly IT literate