Join us and work as part of a busy, fun team - where challenge, variety and personal development is all part of the package.
Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
We are looking for a Project Engineer who will thrive in our dynamic environment.
The role of Project Engineer is to plan, execute and complete projects according to the purchase order, scope, delivery dates and budget, working in conjunction with a Contracts Manager.
The Project Engineer will be expected to support the Contracts Manager on high risk/high value projects, whilst directly managing lower risk projects under the supervision of the Contracts Manager.
- Task planning and production of risk assessments and method statements.
- All aspects of project performance- including adherence to budget and that delivery and quality requirements are exceeded. Also ensuring the final deliverable is complete to customer specification and accompanied with the list of customer documentation.
- Generation of project plans ensuring its alignment with project scope and objectives and ensuring buy-in from all parties.
- Ensuring invoices are promptly made against appropriate milestones, and that payment is made by customer in accordance with the contracted terms.
- Ensuring any change is scope is captured, and project value amended accordingly via the change control process.
- Creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Bills of Materials (BOM) to support project scope and define project strategy for delivery and execution of the scope.
- Liaising with procurement, sub-contractors, production and Contracts team as necessary to ensure that materials are ordered and delivered to site as needed.
- All aspects of project governance, ensuring all project meetings and regular ‘working level’ meetings are held, and minutes taken as required. Ensure that all daily records are produced and recorded.
- Ensuring any lessons identified are recorded and implemented before commencement of next project.
- Coordination of all facets of site delivery, liaising with Customer, and Balmoral personnel on transport and plant requirements.
- Maintain daily records of progress.
- Help to resolve any disputes which come up and identifying areas for improvement in the company’s contracting processes
- Ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are always followed
- IOSH is desirable
- A BTEC, HNC or degree in an engineering discipline
- Capable of controlling multiple projects at the same time
- Project management experience within industrial or process pipework and mechanical
- General technical/engineering/construction background is desirable
- Ability to produce and review RAMS
- Knowledge of PED, PSSR
The successful candidate will not only be joining a rapidly growing and exciting company but they will benefit from ongoing training and development, Annual Leave entitlement which increases with length of service, Access to discounts & benefits scheme, secure free car parking, company EAP Scheme and profit based bonus scheme.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business, to develop a career and skills.
The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
- R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
- A Authority (Knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
- T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
- E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
- R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)