Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
The Company is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join a busy team in Thurnscoe, Rotherham. The role is a significant part of the operations team. Ultimately, the main function of the role is to purchase the best quality equipment, goods and services for the company at the most competitive prices.
- Support the purchasing team with all aspects of their role.
- Place orders with suppliers.
- Ensure all items ordered are delivered on time and in full.
- Check order acknowledgement.
- Regularly carry out a stock check’s on site.
- Contact suppliers with cost requests from sales and manufacturing.
- Update Great Plains and associated spread sheets with recent information.
- Act as a focal point for all special requests checking lead times for material and production capacity.
- Deputise within store when required.
- The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
- Previous experience of working within a busy purchasing department.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Good presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Working knowledge of tank construction.
- Experience in using Great Plains.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- First class planning & organisational skills.
- Good presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work in a team or alone.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Mature and customer focused attitude (able to handle difficult discussions and customer complaints).
- A belief in the fact that customers are revenue & everything else is overhead.
- Able to perform in an environment where accountability and ownership represent Core Values.
Excited by change and driven to be part of a successful team.
Belief in all aspects of RATER and the positive impact on a business
Willing to challenge colleagues whose behaviour is contradictory to all aspects of RATER, and ultimately the core values of the business.
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.