Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading European engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
Civil engineering, wastewater treatment, drainage, fuel oil containment, rainwater harvesting, bulk liquid, fire fighting and potable water storage sectors are all key sectors for the company.
We are looking for a QC Engineer to join our team
This position is a real career opportunity for a dynamic individual who is looking to further their knowledge and experience within the Quality Control field, as an integral player within an already successful team.
This position would suit an individual with a sound mechanical engineering education and who has gained QC experience in a previous role and who aspires to build on this within a front-line role with a growing organisation deemed ‘best-in-class’ in its sector.
The primary function of the job is to ensure the quality standards and procedures are adhered to throughout our operations. Management and development of standards to support the delivery of the business vision, including right first time methodology. The jobholder is expected to contribute to our drive towards continuous improvement by advising on the operation and effectiveness of our procedures.
Acting as an ambassador & role model for our business, the job holder should provide departmental support, and positively contribute to improving our SLA (Service Level Agreement) and NPS (Net Promoter Score) performance.
- Ensure all procedures, processes and systems which affect the company’s ability to deliver Right First Time, Quality Assured Products, are being adhered to & in strict accordance with the relevant specifications. Strive to minimise in-house rework due to flaws by addressing issues with the suppliers
- To create, maintain and improve operations quality standards and procedures
- Create, report and take overall ownership of quality metrics to track non-conforming products and help drive continuous improvement. Drive the investigation and resolution of product quality issues, including liaising with customers
- Assist the QA during visits of all approval and certification bodies to site
- Provide advice and training to support line management in QC matters. Take a leadership role in solving technical problems which may arise in manufacturing and through issues raised by customers, utilising the IMS
- Conduct internal and external audits in line with the agreed schedule, including supplier assessments
- Ensure all customer complaints are logged, investigated and effective corrective actions are put in place to avoid recurrence
Belief in all aspects of RATER and the positive impact on a business Willing to challenge colleagues whose behaviour is contradictory to all aspects of RATER, and ultimately the core values of the business.
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)