Do you want to be involved with a growing company which strives to be the best in the world at what they do?
Do you have Quality experience? Brilliant!
At Balmoral we believe service is our differentiator, if you are customer focused & always deliver on your promises we may have an exciting opportunity for you.
Balmoral Tanks Ltd is a leading Global engineering design and manufacturing company. As a result of significant investment in people and plant, the company produces what is believed to be the most comprehensive range of tank products available for a single source in the EU.
We require an Quality Controller to join our busy team in Llantrisant, South Wales.
Brief Description of the job’s function
This is a key role in the manufacturing team. It is to ensure that products and parts have been manufactured / packed as per our quality specifications (drawings, inspection and test protocol (ITP), work instructions, etc), that the documentation has been completed accordingly, and that records are kept and available for customers to inspect. That will require working with customers / customer representatives who visit the factory to inspect their products and associated documentation. Our products are generally designed to suit the needs of individual customers and customer sites, therefore, parts and quantities of parts can be often unique to a customer. It is therefore essential that parts and products, both internally and externally bought in / manufactured, are thoroughly inspected and, where required, tested before being released to the next stage of the manufacturing process. At the final stage, the packing must be of the correct standard for the customer/region. In addition to inspection and testing, the role holder will help to develop and continually improve the inspection and testing process and procedures used in the factory. The role holder will be expected to identify ongoing quality problems to the relevant departments (e.g., raise non-conformances to design, production, etc) and take part in / contribute towards quality improvement projects. The role supports Balmoral’s goal of right first time and on time In Full.
- Adhere to strict Health & Safety guidelines and company standards on safety.
- Ensure that parts and products are inspected according to the relevant documentation before being passed to the next stage of the process
- Help create / improve work instructions, part inspection specifications, etc in conjunction with the relevant people (e.g. quality engineer, manufacturing team lead / supervisor / manager, etc)
- Ensure that records are kept of the inspection and test results, and filed in a transparent and easy to review manner
- Use the non-conformance system to report and to control non-conforming / defective parts/products
- Investigate causes of non-conformance and report results to the relevant Departments
- Report on levels of non-conformance and propose actions to reduce / Eliminate
- Review quality records generated by production to verify that the standards are met and escalate where they are not.
- Review supplier quality documentation to ensure that the quality requirements are met and escalate where they are not.
- Take part in quality improvement projects / workshops
- Work with representatives of customers / third party inspection organisations who visit the plant to review their orders
- Work with suppliers regarding quality issues and performance
- Take an active part in internal and external quality audits
- Help train others in inspection methods when requested
- Time served engineering apprenticeship is desirable
- Certificate / Level 3 NVQ in engineering or inspection/testing is desirable
- Train the trainer skills training (or prepared to work towards within 3 months)
- Minimum of 3 years in an inspection role within a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Has worked with weld procedures and non-destructive testing methods
- Has set up inspection and test protocols
- Has worked to ISO 9001 and other industry quality management standards
- Has raised and followed up on non-conformances
- Has dealt with quarantined parts / products
The jobholder is responsible for developing the Company’s image in the marketplace by pursuing the objectives of RATER:
R Responsiveness (willingness to help the customer)
A Authority (knowledge, expertise providing comfort and security to customers)
T Tangibles (appearance of employees, contractors, vehicles, equipment, packaging, behaviour)
E Empathy (understanding of customer’s needs and problems)
R Reliability (keeping Company promises –dates, prices, workmanship)
Overall, we employ people who are flexible, methodical and effective team players. Everyone must commit to learning and be willing to thrive in a “Right First Time” culture. Your personal values must align with the Core Value of the Business, and you must never treat any customer (internal and or external) with complacency.
In return for your hard work, you will be entitled to:
Join the Balmoral Benefits hubRestaurant discounts
Cycle to work schemes
Discounts at large supermarkets
Access to our Employee Assistance ProgramConfidential support
Profit related bonus
Increasing annual leave
Reduced hours on a Friday