Balmoral, a division of Balmoral Group, is a trusted partner to the global offshore energy sector. We offer unrivalled technical expertise, a vast project track record and evidenced-based buoyancy, protection and insulation product solutions. market innovator for buoyancy, protection and insulation product solutions.
Balmoral Group was established in 1980 and is a privately owned company headquartered in Aberdeen, Scotland. Employing over 400 people and operating from a modern custom-built complex, the company’s products are used around the world.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced engineer who will thrive on our dynamic environment - to co-ordinate all activities required for the successful completion of all assigned customer orders. Including liaising with Manufacturing on the actual production of the equipment, whilst keeping the client updated and informed as required.
Main Duties – Senior Project Engineer :
- Manage a team of 3+ Project Engineers of varying experience, acting as a focal point for advise and guidance
- Ensure the team have the necessary training and skills to develop within the departments competency framework.
- Ensuring the team, and ultimately the department, meet the necessary performance key performance indicators.
- Provide accurate reporting of team performance to Senior Management and Directors.
- Established as an escalation point for any project issues faced by a member of the team.
- Consistent and reliable representation at contract reviews ahead of PO award to ensure clarity of scope, client expectations, appropriate costing and planning activities.
- To review and take ownership of projects, and their associated documentation, handed over from the contracts department.
- To ensure that projects are run in accordance with the company’s health, safety and environmental policy.
- To issue BOM and liaise with Procurement to ensure bought in parts arrive as required to meet the project deadlines.
- To prepare all project documentation, including final product data book in line with client requirements.
- To provide progress reports for both clients and senior management which adequately explain the position of all projects under the job-holders ownership, advising timeously of any anticipated delays.
- To schedule projects to safely meet client and in-house deadlines and to monitor progress to meet project deadlines.
- To partake in and witness product testing and to ensure timely notifications to clients to allow third party witnessing is carried out where applicable.
- To prepare project budgets tracker monitor to ensure projects meet or exceed their profit targets.
- To prepare commercial documentation and ensure that information is passed to accounts to allow invoices to be issued on their due dates.
- To prepare close out reports and provide feed back to the business on actual versus estimated costs and any lessons learned.
- Ensure appropriate change management techniques are used to deal with any amendments to the project scope.
- To prepare and update relevant risk registers created for the projects, ensuring the necessary mitigation plans are implemented as necessary to manage the opportunities and threats on each scope.
- To review and improve department systems/ procedures/ guides and contribute to inter- department process improvements.
- To co-ordinate shipping or collection of client orders and ensure Proof of Export is obtained for company records.
- To uphold Balmorals Core Values of Customer Focus, Integrity, Respect, Motivation, Accountability and Manage Change.
- Perform any other duties seemed necessary and within scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/ Division.
Required qualifications & experience:
- HNC/HND Mechanical or Marine Engineering discipline or relevant experience
- Manufacturing or engineering projects background.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in comparable projects role.
Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- Degree in Engineering discipline or Degree with relevant experience
- Must be an innovative thinker and commercially and contractually aware.
- Must have well developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be fluent in English both written and verbal communication.
- Must be computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Microsoft Project is beneficial.
- Must be outgoing, motivated, confident and enthusiastic individual.
- Must be willing to work within a team and work on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Must be willing to accept responsibility when delegated.
- Must be able to delegate responsibility as required.
Working with Balmoral Group you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment that is varied and challenging - with limitless potential for career progression.