Balmoral Comtec Ltd is currently looking for a Sheetmetal Design Draughtsperson based in our Newcastle location.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of a thriving ambitious design engineering team. The jobholder will design and aid the manufacture/fabricate of rotational moulds, steel moulds for composite products and general steel work or jigs.
Will have the ability, to interpret the design of the product to produce mould manufacturing drawings and sketches.
Produce mould designs where cost, time and quality are imperative.
Will be required to show initiative in all aspects of the role and will have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Working closely with the design team and the fabrication workshop. Demonstrating great verbal and written communication skills with the attributes of a great team player are required.
The successful candidate’s main duties will include:
- Design Balmoral moulds from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing 3-D CAD Models and Detail Drawings to provide solutions for mould manufacture.
- Provide guidance for Sheetmetal cutting, folding and forming.
- To assist in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures
- Look for continuous improvement
- To contribute development ideas for new and existing products
- Support work for Sheetmetal cutting and forming while working to tight deadlines
Required: Time Served Draftsperson or Time Served Sheet Metal Worker with drafting experience.
Desirable: NC or HNC in an Engineering discipline. Any additional relative qualifications.
Required: Minimum of 3 years design / drafting experience within an engineering design and manufacture environment.
Ability to read and understand Engineers Drawings.
Experience of 2D and 3D CAD software.
Knowledge of Sheetmetal and welding processes.
Desirable: Mould making experience
Sheetmetal marking, folding and forming
Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry
Required: Excellent communication skills
Ability to work in a team
Knowledge of CAD software and drawing standards. Preferably Inventor and Radan. Experience of AutoCAD and other CAD packages will be considered.
Ability to produce technical drawings quickly and accurately.
Experience of Document control and document change processes.
Competence in MS Word, Excel, Access
Appreciation of company and Industry Standards
Desirable: Autodesk Inventor & Meridian (or other Database Management systems.)