Balmoral, provides surface and subsurface buoyancy, insulation and elastomer products and services to the global energy, defence, subsea communications and oceanographic industries.
We are looking for a laminator to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the manufacture of GRP products in polyester and vinylester. This will be done through the preparation of moulds, processing the mould, curing and de-moulding of the products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of moulds.
- Moulding of products through vac infusion or hand laminating
- De-moulding of products
- Working to a high standard of health and safety both including company and legal policies.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Identifying and repairing defects on products.
- At least 2 years experience in the use of hand laminating materials.
- Experience in the use of spray laminating materials
- Experience of Vaccum infusion
- Fork lift licence.
- Knowledge of GRP products and the processes involved.
- Working in a manufacturing environment.
- Conscientious, reliable, honest and punctual.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Flexible with regards to working hours.
- Capable of working within a team environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and requirements
- First Aid at Work Certification.